Sunday, February 8, 2009

I pray!

The fires over this weekend have been scary - and unfortunately it doesnt look like its going to get better anytime soon. My emotions this weekend have been running very close to the surface as I hope that friends who live in these areas are okay and that my own parents who live in North East Victoria are hopefully spared the horror of the last few days. I also pray that my Dad is okay as he helps fight the fires in Beechworth. I pray that all the wonderful people I know that volunteer with the CFA are okay! I just pray that this will all end!

And so even as the fires are still continuing - people want to help!!! The Toy Society have started a call for donations of toys (which is Brilliant). I currently have 5 toys - that I cut out yesterday that I hope will at least bring some form of a smile to a child that lost what they had. Its not much but its something!

I really hope that this will end soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment