Monday, February 16, 2009

Its been a busy few weeks

The events of the past couple of weeks have been pretty hard to digest and I am still not really able to put into words exactly how I feel. Mr Moo's Dad knew some of the people that passed away in the Kinglake fires and when we drove up to my parents place we had to drive along the section of the freeway that had been closed while to fires where on - just that section alone seemed like a different world - completely brown, nothing left in its path - just the complete randomness (but destructiveness) of it all.


Not only that but I have been very busy making toys for the bushfire victims and was thrilled when I could drop them. I know that they will find loving homes and I really hope that it brings some smiles to some little faces! There are some of my favorites toys in here that I always enjoy making and a couple of newies.














This one (to the left) was going to be a present for my 9 year old niece but I know that she will love the fact that it will make another little girl or boy happy. I am in the process of making her another.













I have somehow also managed to do two toy society drops over the last 2 weeks as well which was lots of fun. Did the drops in the area where my parents live and where a grew up as a little girl.





















And to add to my craftiness I have also managed to make some Brown sugar fig Jam (Yummy) - done in the microwave - amazing!!!!

Then if thats not all - I am in the process of designing a toy for a friend at work who is getting married and I want it to look bridelike! This shall be interesting.......... will let you know how I go! Somewhere amongst all this I am still mum to Mr moo and having to get on with things in life ..... I think I may be trying to distract myself from thinking some things trhough too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment